Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning! Adobe Flash Outdated. Security Risks. Please Update Now.

I'm am having an issue on my Macbook Pro (OSX Mavericks), my iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.4) and my wife's iPhone 5C (iOS 7.0.4). I get a pop up that reads, "Warning! Adobe Flash Outdated. Security Risks. Please Update Now." It happens on almost every site I viisit and when I launch some apps. I've cleared histories, caches and turned Javascript on/off. Also, get the "warning" when I use Chrome for iOS. I've added an image below of what it looks like on my phone. I'm attempting a factory restore on my 5S. Please, let me know if you have any ideas as to what may be causing this and how to fix it. Thanks!User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 6:48 PM

28 replies

Dec 30, 2013 2:39 AM in response to jrbooth

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as well...it looks like it's spreading through my network somehow as my laptop (running windows 7), iPad, and samsung galaxy s3 all have the same pop up no matter what browser I'm using. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows how to fix this. I'm worried this malware or whatever it is, is stealing information.

Dec 30, 2013 3:10 AM in response to jrbooth

Do not download Flash from this site.

Quit Safari.

Hold the shift key down and relaunch Safari.

Reset Safari.

Click Safari in the menu bar.

From the drop down select "Reset Safari".

Click "Reset".

Empty Caches

Safari > Preference > Advanced

Checkmark the box for "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.

Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.

Turn off Extensions if any, and launch Safari.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Fore more info: http://www.thesafemac.com/mmg/

Dec 30, 2013 5:32 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Yes. The devices are on my home network most of the time. The router I'm using is the ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N 600 Router (RT-N56U). I also have a Seagate Central 2 TB Shared Storage Ethernet External Hard Drive (STCG2000100) on the network. However, I have used the iPhone 5S on my cellular network and a family member's wifi network and the warning still pops up.

Dec 30, 2013 2:02 PM in response to jrbooth

jrbooth wrote:

Right now, on my iPhone it is directing me to fplayer.adobe.com.

There is no such site and if there was it would be legit as there isn't any known way to spoof a primary URL such as "adobe.com". I suspect it is displaying that URL, but if you hover over it in OS X or click and hole it with iOS you will see the actual link it directs you to.

Jan 1, 2014 1:18 AM in response to Cezary Wojtkowski

Cezary Wojtkowski wrote:

I've attempted bypassing my modem and connecting directly to my modem, but the issue persists.

Did you mean to say bypassing your router and connecting directly to the modem? I suspect you would have to change your DNS settings and perhaps flush the DNS cache to make a difference.

Since you said the same thing was happening to you then you must be using the same ASUS RT-N56U as the OP which has long been known to be vulnerable to attack, see Taking over the ASUS RT-N56U....

That article says there is no firmware update to fix it, but looking at the ASUS RT-N56U Support Download page, there have been at least three updates since then, one of which addresses some sort of vulnerability, so make sure yours is up-to-date.

I would also log into the router and check to see if the DNS settings have, in fact, been changed.

Warning! Adobe Flash Outdated. Security Risks. Please Update Now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.