Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Speaker Interruption With Busy Signal

This is a problem I've never encountered before with pairing my MacBook with a Bluetooth speaker.

About every 15 seconds, The audio will be interrupted by what sounds like a busy signal from a telephone (three consecutive beeps). As far as I know, the speaker can only be paired to one device at a time, so I don't believe someone's phone is accidentally paired with it.

Has anyone seen (or heard, rather) this happen before? If so, how do you fix it?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2017 10:00 PM

I'm not sure if you figured it out. But it just happened to my Bluetooth speaker that was connected to my iPod. The speaker was getting low on battery and since plugging it in, it's stopped making the busy signal.

Possibly low on battery?? That was my issue

10 replies

Jan 31, 2015 7:55 PM in response to sylekimmonds

I have the same issue with the busy signal noise interrupting music play, and was hoping someone would have been able to respond with an answer. The only difference is that I synced the speakers up to my iphone 5. This is the only thing I can seem to find through google referring to the problem. There were no notifications or incoming calls or texts. I cant for the life of me figure out what caused this. When I play the same songs on the phone without being connected to the speaker, I dont get the noise. It's really annoying!

Aug 30, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Rees2100

I Have the same problem and it has nothing to do with charging the unit. My unit is plugged into the wall, and it will not stop with the busy signal. What a stupid sound for a company to use. Every person that incounters this problem spends the next hour thinking that's someone phone signal is somehow interfering With the Bluetooth. My speaker is unusable.

Sep 1, 2015 9:37 PM in response to sylekimmonds

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5s pairing to Bem Speaker Mojo. It's so annoying and basically when I think of playing music I think "do I really want to go through 15min of trying to pair my phone, just so I can hear the busy signal every 20s?" I noticed it happened right after I update my OS to iOS 8.3.9 (Not sure exact update number) but the frustrating thing is it was working before the update and now speaker is useless.

Bluetooth Speaker Interruption With Busy Signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.