Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to get clash of clans from old device to new device. set up game center but only seeing new device coc not old device

My son received a new ipod for christmas. I set up new ipod and apps from old ipod loaded onto new ipod. However, his clash of clans progress did not load. I tried setting up game center to link the devices and screwed up by setting up game center on the new ipod first so now it only wants to load the village from the new ipod but i need the progess from the old ipod to load to game center....help

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 8:40 PM

17 replies

Dec 29, 2013 11:44 PM in response to degojen

When u open clash of clan make sure u complete the tutorial. After that wait for a 10 second and it will pop up ' do u wish to continue the progress of town hall lvl X' . If it doesn't work open game centre and from there press the clash of clan icon, afterward press the (...) button on the top right corner of the iPod and press play.

Additional question:I am also playing clash of clan on my iPod touch 5gen, just wanna ask how's the battery life when u play coc? Thanks

Hope this help

Jan 21, 2014 7:45 AM in response to degojen

I have the same problem. It seems that game center has locked onto the new game my kid opened prematurely (not realizing that the backup had not taken his progress from his old device) we have deleted the game signed out of the new device, even gone so far as to turn the old device off and quit even using it! But all we get is that the barely played game asks to be the update and delete the game he spent a lot of hours and $$$$ playing. He spent all his birthday money on stuff on his old iphone 3 and now has a new 300 ipod in a drawer that he can't play because this game is so important to him.

I have read a hundred posts and the answer is always the same and no one ever addresses the question. It is as if they aren't reading what people are asking.

signing out and back in does not work.

deleting new game and deleting in gamecenter on new device then signing out on both devices and then signing back in only on old device - game asks to overwrite game with the saved game they have stored and we cant delete.

It would be easy to accidently do this (it only offers cancel or overwrite) and he would lose 200$$ worth of his game but thankfully we have not made that mistake. The game works fine on his old device but every time he opens it it offers to delete his game and replace it with the new game that has very little progress.

Also we have tried repeatedly to link the devices with the old device and then started over with the new device, logged in, downloaded game and there is the same "no progress" game with no opportunity to "cancel or overwrite" the game on the new device.

Help

I realize the post is long but I am very frusterated that this question is out there - just like this other Dad's post - but it is never answered satisfactorily and these forum type things seem to be the only place to for help. Honestly with reports on the internet about the parent company making millions per day on clash of clans and hay day you would think they would have their own support system for their cash clans and cash cows (-:

Thanks in advance for some smart persons help.

Jan 22, 2014 6:33 PM in response to jwdrocks

Hey if see you are having problems and it have tried it and found a solution.

1. Create a new Apple I'D

2.Use the old account and go on that new game center and go to apps and find clash of clans and press (...) and play

3.then get new device and go into settings and game center and download clash of clans

4.go into clash of clans and it will ask you go to level whatever town hall and it should work

Ask me any questions if you need too hope it works it did for me!

Feb 23, 2014 5:17 PM in response to Kman789

My son has had the same problem as mentioned above i.e. he has an iPad and an iPhone, both with the same Game Centre account. He played CoC on his iPad first and this is the game he has advanced in, so he wants to play this on his iPhone, unfortunately the game on his iPhone is the one linked to his Game Centre account for some unknown reason (!!!) so he can't transfer the iPad game onto the iPhone and every time he loads the iPad game it asks if he wants to load the newer game from the Game Centre - which he obviously doesn't want to do.

I followed the steps suggested by Kman789 and yes - it does work - thank you, (my son now has the more advanced game on both devices and they appear to by syncing correctly) HOWEVER - he doesn't want to stay logged into the new Game Centre account that I had to create in order to transfer CoC - so he is now logged back into his old Game Centre account on both devices. CoC still works - but is now not being backed up to Game Centre at all, and each time he goes into the game on either device it's asking him if he wants to revert to the game that is saved in his Game Centre account - which he obviously doesn't want to do. Is there anyway to get rid of that game from his Game Centre account and link the game that he now has running on the two devices?

I cannot believe this has been designed as incredibly complicated as it has - I was an analyst programmer up until approx 10 years ago and I know technology has advanced in that time, but these restrictions are way over the top and totally unnecessary - the user should have full control of his or her Game Centre account - and should be able to select which game they wish to save & then that game should automatically appear on all their devices - it really isn't rocket science - why o why over complicate things?????

I hope someone can solve this - as I am losing patience with Apple!!!!

Mar 29, 2014 4:57 PM in response to Alboy508

Has anyone found an answer to this frustrating issue? I have the game on my iPad with extensive saved progress, but once I then downloaded the game to my iPhone and went through the intro, the game center app saved the new game to both my iPhone and iPad. Now every time I open the old game on my iPad, it asks me if I want to load the new game with no progress! I have tried everything that Alboy508 tried above and nothing works. I have other games that are saved in Game Center and do sync properly. So I don't want to create another Apple ID and have to switch between them or lose my other games' saved progress. It is ridiculous that no one has an answer to this ongoing issue. Help.

Apr 12, 2014 7:28 PM in response to degojen

Hi Kman789 and odadiablo,

Would you please tell me how to link my old good game to the right account? I followed your instruction but I couldn't understand it. I'm in the same situation now. The game on ipad is level 100 now, but whenever I open it, it always ask me to load the new level 2 on my iphone. It's really frustrating.

I created a new Apple ID, but on the game center, which apple ID that I should use, the old one or the new one that I've just created?

Thank you so much

May 9, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Kman789

i have same problem man i did everything but it doesnot work. i made new game center account, i logged in on new ipad with new game center account but, i finished tutorial but there is no question like "press yes if u want to transfer the xx lvl town hall progres... bla bla bla "" but when i start game with old device there is question if i want to transfer my new villige to this old device ... i am so sad.. what can i do??

need to get clash of clans from old device to new device. set up game center but only seeing new device coc not old device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.