Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Software Updates, my System Preference, Shut Down, and Restart no longer show up when I click on the Apple Logo. What should I do to restore these things to my toolbar? I tried using a TM backup, but that didn't work. I need help!!!

Look, I have SERIOUS problems with my MacBook Pro, a computer that was given to me by Apple to replace a MacBook Pro that was defective from day one. Now this fabulous machine from Apple is totally messed up since the upgrade to Mavericks. I've talked with "Senior Advisors" until I'm blue in the face, but NOTHING fixes this machine. So can SOMEONE out there PLEASE HELP ME?

I live in rural Ireland, I cannot drive because I was in a coma at years ago (although I could drive if I had 10+ DUIs), I'm over two hours from the closest Apple Authorized Repair, I'm physical disablled and mobility impaired, and I'm terminallly ill. So from where I stand, I really don't have time to sit around and wait. It took Apple 11 months to sort out the problem with my original MacBook Pro; I don't HAVE 11 months to wait for this problem to be fixed, but I've been waiting now for over 2 months, and my death clock is ticking.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE BECAUSE I'M DYING!!! Now is that clear enough for you, Apple?

Sincerely,

Kathleen Trevena-Ruane

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Things have been dodgy since update

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 10:17 PM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2013 11:21 PM in response to Kathleen Trevena-Ruane

Have you tried to erase your drive and reinstall the OS - you should use recoery (hold Command + R keys while restarting). Since the items in the menu bar are part of the system, a clean reinstall of the system should take care of it.

As it is dangerous to post private information in a public forum, I will ask the hosts to remove it.

FWIW, we are all other users here - you are not addressing Apple.

My Software Updates, my System Preference, Shut Down, and Restart no longer show up when I click on the Apple Logo. What should I do to restore these things to my toolbar? I tried using a TM backup, but that didn't work. I need help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.