Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which One Should I Choose?

I run Mavericks 10.9.1. Whenever I open Disk Utility, I am given a choice of which disk I should select. I have two HDs

1st: 1 TB WDC WD1001FALS...

2nd: Macintosh HD

3rd: 3 TB iomega

4th: Mac Companion

Which one am I supposed to select?User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 10:32 PM

Which drive do you want to manage?

1. 1 TB WDC WD1001FALS: this is your internal hard drive, where you have OS X. If you choose this, you will be able to verify and repair the partition map and create partitions, among other things.
  2. Macintosh HD: It is inside the internal drive and it is where you have OS X. You can verify and repair permissions, and verify the disk to look for problems.
  3. 3 TB iomega: This looks like a FireWire external drive.
  4. Mac Companion: This is the partition inside the external drive
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 10:32 PM in response to Angel Llorente

Which drive do you want to manage?

1. 1 TB WDC WD1001FALS: this is your internal hard drive, where you have OS X. If you choose this, you will be able to verify and repair the partition map and create partitions, among other things.
  2. Macintosh HD: It is inside the internal drive and it is where you have OS X. You can verify and repair permissions, and verify the disk to look for problems.
  3. 3 TB iomega: This looks like a FireWire external drive.
  4. Mac Companion: This is the partition inside the external drive

Which One Should I Choose?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.