Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I wait to update to Mavericks?

Hi I was wondering if I should wait to Install 10.9.1? I have heard a lot of people complaing about it being "slow" and I just don't want to have to go through the hassle of restoring, or doing a clean install.. Thanks.... I am new to the Forms but here are my basic specs to my computer (If I doesn't already say them)

Mac mini Late 2012

Intel Core i7.

4GB Ram (Hopefully soon upgrading to 8GB or 16Gb)

1TB Hard Drive.....

Thanks people!

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 11:22 PM

magoo657 wrote:

I have heard a lot of people complaing about it being "slow"

This is normal. This happens with all OS X upgrades and near all that "slowness" is caused by an unsupported application or a corrupted installation. I ignore that type of opinions: if you have problems, format the hard drive and install OS X Mavericks as a clean installation. Also, note that you have got the latest Mac mini, that should work without any problem.

It's simple: do you need any of the OS X Mavericks features now? If not, you can wait. OS X Mavericks has just been released, one maintenance update has been released and Apple is already preparing the next OS X Mavericks update. The OS X Mavericks performance will be improved in the future, so you may want to wait unless you need OS X Mavericks now.

When you want to upgrade, open the Mac App Store and download OS X Mavericks. Before upgrading, make a backup of your files with Time Machine and check that your apps are compatible > http://www.roaringapps.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 11:22 PM in response to magoo657

magoo657 wrote:

I have heard a lot of people complaing about it being "slow"

This is normal. This happens with all OS X upgrades and near all that "slowness" is caused by an unsupported application or a corrupted installation. I ignore that type of opinions: if you have problems, format the hard drive and install OS X Mavericks as a clean installation. Also, note that you have got the latest Mac mini, that should work without any problem.

It's simple: do you need any of the OS X Mavericks features now? If not, you can wait. OS X Mavericks has just been released, one maintenance update has been released and Apple is already preparing the next OS X Mavericks update. The OS X Mavericks performance will be improved in the future, so you may want to wait unless you need OS X Mavericks now.

When you want to upgrade, open the Mac App Store and download OS X Mavericks. Before upgrading, make a backup of your files with Time Machine and check that your apps are compatible > http://www.roaringapps.com

Should I wait to update to Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.