Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My reminders and notes keep disappearing - where do they go and how can I get them to stay forever?

Hi - I'm having challenges with the Notes and Reminders apps. Data in both disappear - i.e. in Reminders I have the titles of the Reminder list but all the items in the list are no longer there. Notes just flat out go into the ether. This started upon downloading IOS 7. Reminders did not seem to be affected until just today when I rebooted my phone and all 5-7 of my Reminder lists are now titled but blank. What gives?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 5:12 AM

9 replies

May 14, 2014 8:57 AM in response to Editor Tinka

Do you sync your notes with any other email service, like Hotmail, Gmail or other? Do you sync them with iCloud?

When notes and/or contacts disappear all of a sudden, it is reasonable to believe it has to do with syncing your info to a web server that has not worked well. Check your sync settings on your iPhone, go to to the web server on a browser and check to see that your notes are still there. Check the settings on the server. Go back to your iPhone and disable the syncing of notes and then enable them back.

May 14, 2014 9:53 PM in response to Jules0314

I just had the scare of the year with my Notes app also. I have been adding to one or two pages in the Notes app on my iPad Mini for over a year, and today when I went to look something up on one of them, ALL my notes were gone!! It was as if I was using the app for the very first time!! I nearly fainted!!

Mid panic attack, I brailled around Google and found this link. I didn't really know what to make of it other than that somehow there might be hope--my Notes might actually still exist SOMEWHERE:

http://gmail-miscellany.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/gmail-apple-notes-app.html

After reading that, I went into Settings in the Mini. I didn't think my Notes had ever been asscociated with Gmail BUT I had occasionally emailed a Note via my AOL account on the Mini, so I looked in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and under AOL I saw that Notes had been togggled off. It must not have been like that before or I prpbably wouldn't have been able to email out a Note as I had done preveiously, so I toggled it on.

Lo and behold--ALL MY NOTES REAPPEARED in Notes!! Whew!!!

I notice that Settings>Notes>Default Account now says AOL, not My iPad like it did when my Notes were missing, so I assume AOL was how it was set originally.

My reminders and notes keep disappearing - where do they go and how can I get them to stay forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.