Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't you send update to iMac computer

Why can't you send update to iMac computer serial number W8******SDX so I can get java 7? I brought minecraft for my son and will not run cause is doesn't support java. Is there anyway this can happen so my son can Olay the game or am I have to go buy another computer?

<Edited By Host>

iMac, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 5:22 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 7:52 AM in response to Dnice71

Why can't you send update...

You are not contacting Apple here. We are all end-users like you who get together to help each other.

Your iMac is a iMac G5 ALS (17-inch), built in May 2005 and powered by a PowerPC processor.

PowerPC Macs cannot run any higher Mac OS than 10.5.8 and cannot be hardware-updated to do so. The game is incompatible with your nearly eight year-old computer.

Any owner of an older Mac must carefully research system requirements before buying any software because the industry has abandoned support for PowerPC units. There is very little left unless you find older compatible software if the bargain bin at a store.

Why can't you send update to iMac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.