Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player

Hi

Recently new to Mac 15 retina and was wondering if someone could advise me on the fact when I view some videos I am getting the Flashplayer Upgrade Required which takes me to the Adobe website.

Question is, is it safe to download this application or do I just not watch Flashplayer stuff?

Thank you

Peter

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 7:47 AM

If you do not need Adobe Flash Player, do not install it. It's slow, it causes overheat in some MacBooks and it has got security problems. Some websites are starting to replace Adobe Flash Player by using HTML5.

However, if you need it, you can install it from the Adobe website > http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

6 replies

Jul 12, 2014 10:34 AM in response to mende1

Hi

I would feel a lot secure by not installing the Adobe Flash in my Mac, because I've read a lot about security issues related to that Flash Player, but one can't even watch a video on youtube anymore without upgrading to the current version of the Player.
I use my Mac to work on music and producing musical clips too, so the question is, is there an absolute need to get the Adobe Flash Player to play youtube videos, or is there a workaround?

Thank you

Francis Mann

Adobe Flash Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.