Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

permissions and keychains after mavericks

Hello all

Since upgrading to Mavericks I've had some odd issues going on involving permissions and keychains. On each of my iMacs, I've actually had to go in and change the permissions on the keychain folder to allow my user profile to access it, and on one of them I am still having an issue of having to enter some passwords from memory rather than having them auto-fill. Also, many folders' info panels list their permissions as "custom access" but don't present the padlock-and-userlist thing for editing permissions. It happened that last week I was unable to move a file from an external NAS volume because (even though I was logged in and normally have admin privileges on the volume in question) Mavs said I didn't have permission to read the file, and would not let me access the permissions panel in show-info. The file was video, and I could play it, but was not allowed to move or copy it.

Weird.

If there is some obvious measure I should take or some useful tool I should know about, please let me know

Thanks!!

Eric D

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 10:09 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 11:29 AM in response to CoralVision

Permission Issues - Troubleshooting

You may need to rebuild permissions on your user account. To do this,boot to your Recovery partition (holding down the Command and R keys while booting) and open Terminal from the Utilities menu. In Terminal, type: ‘resetpassword’ (without the ’s), hit return, and select the admin user. You are not going to reset your password. Click on the icon for your Macs hard drive at the top. From the drop down below it select the user account which is having issues. At the bottom of the window, you'll see an area labeled Restore Home Directory Permissions and ACLs. Click the reset button there. The process takes a few minutes. When complete, restart.

Repair User Permissions

permissions and keychains after mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.