Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add samples into library?

I've looked at a couple of threads similar to this but nothing that fits my exact issue... Supposedly you can drag and drop wave samples from your hard drive into the loop lbirary and use them in ultrabeat. Now i have successfully added a few single shot kick sample into the library and they work exactly like i need them too, but i cannot seem to repeat the process with my other sample... When i try to drag the folder from the location on my hard drive in to the library it asks me if i want to use from the folders current location or move to the apple loops folder. I need to keep my samples on an external drive so i select from current location (located on the external drive) and then nothing happens. I can search for the sample by name and none of them are in the library. I did it once properly with the kicks and they too are located on the external drive... I also want to move kicks i have layered then bounced but the same problem occurs, i move them from the bounced folder to my samples folder on the external drive and i cant get it to appear in the library at all. Also i have tried re indexing the library and that did not change anything. This is really frusturating to me since i moved from FL studio, it just seems there is no effcient way to sort and use your own one shot samples like in FL studio. Maybe I don't know the program very well but it seems like if the library would actually detect your sample folders and allow you to view and preview the one shot samples from the library it would be much easier to actually make music...

Anyone got any ideas on what im doing wrong here? I suppose i could try making an alias folder in the apple loops folder that goes to my external drive where the one shot samples are located?

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), New to macs, New to logic

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 12:43 PM

There are no replies.

How to add samples into library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.