Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My left headphone earpiece plays much quieter than the right when using iPhone 5. I have true 2 different types of headphones and the problems persists. I also tried both sets of ear phones in other devices and they work perfectly. Any help plese

My left headphone earpiece plays much quieter than the right when using iPhone 5. I have tried 2 different types of headphones and the problems persists. I also tried both sets of ear phones in other devices and they work perfectly. Any help please

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 1:00 PM

8 replies

Nov 10, 2017 1:45 PM in response to Chris77x

Hey Chris,

I see this is an old topic, but I've just noticed the same problem with mine. The description of the problem is something like this:

The problem lay in the meshing covering the speaker. It had basically reversed its concavity, and was hitting the cone, thus making the speaker quieter.

The solution for me was creating a vacuum with my mouth on the quieter piece. FInally, after 5 minutes of hard trying I could make it permanent and now it works fine! Maybe the method sounds crazy, but it really worth a try out.

Dec 30, 2013 1:39 PM in response to Chris77x

I think I know a way to fix that. Go to settings>General>Accessibility, and scroll down to hearing. There should be a slider beneath Mono Audio. If the slider is closer to the right, all you need do is slide it to the middle. The closer it is to the center, the more likely it is that it will automatically jump to it. If the problem still persists, you may have a hardware issue in the phone itself, but I've never seen anything like that before.

My left headphone earpiece plays much quieter than the right when using iPhone 5. I have true 2 different types of headphones and the problems persists. I also tried both sets of ear phones in other devices and they work perfectly. Any help plese

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.