Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how many watts does it take to run a 15" macbook pro?

I need to buy an inverter so I can use my macbook pro in a vehicle so I need to make sure I buy one that will supply enough power

MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2006 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2006 2:13 PM

85w i think, but not 100% sure.
6 replies

Jul 24, 2006 3:26 PM in response to Digital Dude

I have a Macbook Pro and a Macbook.

The Macbook has a 65 watt adaptor and the Macbook a 85 watt. I can use both off the adaptor on both macbooks without any problem. Short, i can use perfectly a 65 watt adaptor a my Macbook Pro.
Anyway, Apple does not give a 85 watt adaptor for fun, so i quess it is better to use 85 watt instead off 65 watt. But iff you dont want too use to much power, 65 watt will be enough. But i think you have to buy a macbook adaptor for your Macbook pro!

Jul 24, 2006 4:14 PM in response to valend

If i do use the Macbook adaptor on the Macbook pro, then the adaptor is not hotter then the Macbook Rro adaptor on the Macbook. I have to temperatured it exact, but it feel the same.

Als the charging time is exact the some, so i do not see much different whil using them.

But again, i prefer using the 85 watt adaptor, apple does not for nothing give a bigger-watt adaptor with the Macbook Pro. Anyway, i have uses the Macbook adaptor on my Macbook Pro for some days, and there were no problems or different with the Macbook Pro adaptor.

So just use the Macbook Pro adaptor always on you Macbook Pro. But in a car or ship, where is less power, there you can use the Macbook 65 watt adaptor without a poroblem!

how many watts does it take to run a 15" macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.