Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Common Question: Cannot get SU to upgrade FCE 4.0 to 4.0.1 on Mavericks

Hey Gang:

I cannot get my 2009 MBP running Mavericks to update FCE 4.0 to 4.0.1. Of course Apple removed the "FinalCutExpress4.0.1Update.pkg" from the web... and it appears scrubbed it too. ;-(

I bought the full version... not a pirated version...and this annoys me. If I have a licensed app...and there is a free update for it...why cannot I download it... other than the fact that Apple wants to churn me into buying new software?

Shame, shame. I am so Apple Loyal...it is pathetic.... but I guess it does not matter.

All told... I tried to get the Software Update (SU) to update to FCE 4.0.1. I really need the AVCHD editing capability.

Does anybody know how to force SU to update my FCE 4.0? It is in the "applications" folder... and not in a sub-folder.

Or, if anybody knows where I can find the update... that would be great too.

I need to search my network drive to make sure that it is not hiding out... LOL.... but I doubt it. I know that at one point I downloaded it.

Anyway, got some video of my trip to Portugal and Madeira that I am trying to edit... taken on my new camera.

Anybody...Apple or otherwise...can help me?

Thanks in advance.... and Happy New Year.... AKA 2014 !!!

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 1:36 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 1:54 PM in response to TheMactrix

OK, D. Hoffman cracked this nut.

Seems like the issue is with Mavericks...because the SU process is not the same as it was earlier. [BTW, I mean Software Update... Not Super User]

Let's hope Apple fixes this soon.

Here is the post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4959737?answerId=24315840022#24315840022

Happy AVCHD-ing with the latest FCE 4.0.1 update gang!

Rick

Common Question: Cannot get SU to upgrade FCE 4.0 to 4.0.1 on Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.