Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Export to Quicktime Voice Overlap

Short Version:

Recorded Presentation Plays Perfect. On Quicktime it plays all the voice recordings that were supposed to be deleted when re-recored.

Detailed Version:

I am using Keynote "Version 6.0.1 (1486)." I have recorded a 5 minute presentation. While I was making the presentation I re-recorded a few slides over. When I play the final recording of the presentation back it is perfect, timing, voice, and animatations are all there. However, when I export it to Quicktime and play it; all of the voices I have recored over all play back.

Is there another way to successfully make the presentation a video file without the errors?

--

Thank you for any advice!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 2:32 PM

2 replies

Dec 31, 2013 6:13 AM in response to barkerpoint

This is a well known error with the new version of Keynote which magically holds on to all redundant sound files. We all hope this is sorted in 2014 with the promised updates from Apple.

If you have the previous version, Keynote 5, use that as it will still create QT export correctly.

Ina new blank presentation, copy the slides over to Keynote 5 as described below

Version 5 is located in: Applications > iWork 09

If you only have Keynote 6, again copy all the slides into a new blank presentation as below:

click in the navigator panel > select all (command A) > copy (command C)

open a new blank presentation and paste all the slides into Keynote:

click in the navigator panel > paste (command V)

record a new narration

Jan 26, 2014 7:25 AM in response to Gary Scotland

The new version has the same problem. How was this bug not fixed? It makes what's supposed to be a very simple built-in functoin completely useless upon export.

The way I've done it is in cases where I don't want to start from scratch again, I:

1) Track down the .mov file that is being used to record narration.

2) Open that in Quicktime and use the Trim function to cut off the end that I want to re-record.

3) Copy and paste the name of the .mov file to the newly trimmed file.

4) Save it to desktop then drag it into the "Properties" folder, thus replacing the old file.

5) Go back into Keynote and re-record from the end point.

It's a hack. It works. It's woefully inefficient.

I can't believe Apple didn't fix this on their recent update.

Keynote Export to Quicktime Voice Overlap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.