Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't record in Hq

User uploaded file

Everywere I look it seems that quicktime has a HQ recording mode but in my scroll down menu there is simply nothing there that says quality options. I am on Version 10.3 (726.1). Is there a way to add it?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 3:18 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 7:22 PM in response to jooe15

Everywere I look it seems that quicktime has a HQ recording mode but in my scroll down menu there is simply nothing there that says quality options. I am on Version 10.3 (726.1). Is there a way to add it?

The medium quality motion JPEG codec was turned off under Lion leaving only the High Quality (H.264/AAC) codec the default for screen recordings. You can, of course, export your screen recordings to smaller display context adaptive files producing lower data rates/smaller sized files or convert the HQ screen recordings to more compatible lower quality files having lower data rates for the same display size, as well as, convert screen recordings to Apple ProRes codec which replaces AIC as the default intermediate editing codec using the Finder "Services > Encode Selected Video files" under Mavericks.

User uploaded file

Can't record in Hq

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.