Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod is formatted for Mac and can not get Windows iTunes to recognize it. How do I format it for Windows?

I need serious help! I can not seem to restore my iPod to Windows as it is in MAC format. The windows computer "dings" when plugged in, but is not recognized in iTunes or computer. I have no problem when it is plugged into my MAC!!! PLEASE HELP, this is frustrating!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 5:50 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2014 6:36 AM in response to KitKattz44

Hey KitKattz44,

Thanks for the question. The following resource may help to resolve your issue:

iPod: How to determine your iPod's disk format

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1335

You cannot use an iPod whose disk is configured for Macintosh on a Windows-compatible computer. However, you can restore the iPod disk to use it with a Windows-compatible computer. To do this, see "Restoring iPod to factory settings." While a Windows formatted iPod may work on a Mac, Apple supports this configuration only with iPod shuffle.

Thanks,

Matt M.

My iPod is formatted for Mac and can not get Windows iTunes to recognize it. How do I format it for Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.