Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why app store don't recognize my security answers ?

Every time I try to buy a game on the app store it say's I need to answer my security questions.But when I answer them it say it's not the good answer.And I know it's the good answer because I create it 2 min ago.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 5:38 PM

4 replies

Jan 2, 2014 8:17 AM in response to TheBallon7

Hello TheBallon7,

Thanks for the question, I understand how frustrating this may be. If you are experiencing issues with your Security Questions, it may be best to reset them:

Apple ID: All about Apple ID security questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5665

What should I do if I don't remember the answers to my Apple ID security questions?

Try answering them at least once to see if you can get them right, even if you are not sure you remember the answers to your security questions.

If you are confident you can't remember them, try one of the following:

If you have three security questions and a rescue email address

- sign in to My Apple ID and select the Password and Security tab to send an email to your rescue email address to reset your security questions and answers.

If you have one security question and you know your Apple ID password

- sign in to My Apple ID and select the Password and Security tab to reset your security question.

If you have one security question, but don't remember your Apple ID password

- contact Apple Supportfor assistance. Learn more about creating a temporary support PIN to help Apple confirm your identity when you contact Apple Support.

If you do not see the option for resetting your questions with a rescue email address, see this excerpt:

Note: The option to send an email to reset your security questions and answers will not be available if a rescue email address is not provided. You will need to contact iTunes Store support in order to do so.

Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5312

Additional Information:

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jan 2, 2014 8:48 AM in response to matt00

Matt, I phoned Apple customer support for help with this. I've had my phone two years, used itunes many times, and it's saying as I've never bought anything I need to verify the security questions. I've never seen them before so don't know the answers, and there's no option to reset.

but.....and here's the kicker.....Apple said as I have had my phone two years they won't help unless I pay $119 for a care plan. I think this is nothing short of a scam. I've paid fortunes into Apple's coffers, have an iMac, iPad, and two phones, and they won't help in the case of a clear technical issue unless I fork out a considerable sum?

This is just wrong, and whilst I commend people such as yourself for trying to help, you should know that this extortion is going on. My kids now have around £100 of itunes vouchers they can't use. And I am mightily hacked off with Apple. if it wasn't for the fact I've just spent a huge sum on an iMac I'd ditch them here and now.

GRRRRR.

Jan 4, 2014 1:34 PM in response to Dah•veed

Dah•veed wrote:

This has nothing to do with your iPhone. Call Apple Care and immediately ask to be transfered to the Account Security Team. There is no charge for this issue. If the Apple Care agent wishes to cause an issue, request that your phone call be escalated to Customer Relations.

Dah.veed, thanks for your help. I had an email from someone called Aileen at Apple, as I'd emailed iTunes support asking for help, which pretty much said the same as your post. I called the Apple Account Security Team direct and they dealt with it in about 3 minutes flat. Set up new questions, job done.

Your answer should be pinned to this board!!! I was going to copy Aileen's email below in case it might help anyone with similar problems but for some reason I can't copy and paste onto here. Thanks again mate, really appreciate the advice!!! Happy New Year!

why app store don't recognize my security answers ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.