Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Windows 8.1 be supported on Boot camp 5? I have a new Mac book Pro 2013 and cannot install. Apple please advise.

When will Windows 8.1 be supported on Boot camp 5? I have a new Mac book Pro 2013 and cannot install. Do I return the Windows version and try to download 8.0, or wait it out until it is supported? New to Mac's.

Apple please advise.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 6:07 PM

4 replies

Jan 3, 2014 11:04 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hi Bob the Fisherman. If you re read my message I'm not asking for speculation on a product. I am asking the manufacturer to tell me when I can use my product. Pretty simple, and the opacity around information on these products is not warrented or acceptible. Sorry if you disagree.

Thanks for your feedback. I did just that.

Apple can you please respond to my question.

Jan 4, 2014 7:34 AM in response to M.arch Mark

Apple does not respond in these forums except occasionally an Apple employee will stop by. If you want to contact Apple, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page.

With respect to your question "When will Windows 8.1 be supported on Boot camp 5?" you are asking us to speculate as to when Apple will release their drivers supporting Windows 8.1. We do not know, and we can not speculate as to when. From the terms of use of this forum:

"Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:

Speculations or rumors about unannounced products."

The planned dates of production or release of Windows 8.1 drivers are speculation about the drivers.

With respect to your other question, "Do I return the Windows version and try to download 8.0, or wait it out until it is supported? New to Mac's.". I answered you.

When will Windows 8.1 be supported on Boot camp 5? I have a new Mac book Pro 2013 and cannot install. Apple please advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.