Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iCloud preferences have iCal checked but calendars are not in the cloud

I'm sorry to be asking a question so basic but I have tried and tried to find the answer on these forums and have not had any luck.

I would like to move my "on my mac" personal calendar to a calendar on iCloud. I have an iCloud account. In preferences iCal is checked, I have also tried exporting my" on my mac" calendar to a file on my desk top, but in iCloud calendar I can't figure out how to import the calendar. I need help here. Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 6:28 PM

Export each of your On My Mac calendars using File>Export>Export. Then create empty iCloud calendars with the same names as your On My Mac calendars, then import the exported calendars to the corresponding iCloud calendars and delete the original On My Mac calendars.

The specific steps to do this are explained in more detail in this article on Roger Wilmut's site: http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmovecalendars.html.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2013 6:28 PM in response to James Thomson

Export each of your On My Mac calendars using File>Export>Export. Then create empty iCloud calendars with the same names as your On My Mac calendars, then import the exported calendars to the corresponding iCloud calendars and delete the original On My Mac calendars.

The specific steps to do this are explained in more detail in this article on Roger Wilmut's site: http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmovecalendars.html.

my iCloud preferences have iCal checked but calendars are not in the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.