Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble connecting iOS devices to home WiFi after moving

I recently moved apartments and my Macbooks are recognizing my new wireless network just fine. It is actually the same router/network as my old apartment, the modem/router are literally just plugged into a new wall in a new bulding.

The issue is with my iOS devices. My iOS my two iPhone 4S' and one iPad are not connecting to the internet properly. Contrary to many other users' ios 7 wifi issues, on my devices the Wifi button is NOT greyed out. It is green and looks like it is connected as normal but then when I try to load a webpage or use an internet dependent app I get an error that it is not connected. All devices are running the latest version of iOS and the issue did not coincide with an upgrade. i upgraded several weeks before moving and did not have the issue until moving.

Here are the things I have tried to fix the issue that have NOT worked:

• Restart modem
  • Restart router
  • "Forget" network and re-enter password
  • Reset network settings
  • Reset all settings
  • Switch to static IP
  • Input network IP address and DNS info on iOS device to match info on my macbook
  • Switch to airplane mode, reset network settings, turn off airplane mode, enable wifi

And many various combinations of the above. No such luck.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue may be and why moving apartments would be a catalyst for such an issue.

I did switch internet providers as part of the move, but since the wifi is working for my non iOS devices, I can't imagine that they are the issue. Especially since my modem and router are operating as usual.

I do see that my iOS devices are showing a different IP address and DNS info than I am seeing on my Macbook. I am not sure if that is relevant or not.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 6:24 PM

There are no replies.

Trouble connecting iOS devices to home WiFi after moving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.