Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and would like to upgrade to OS X 10.6.1 (at the very least)

I have a copy of 10.6.1, but whenever I attempt to install, the computer tells me that I'm unable to run Snow Leopard on this computer. Help?I've checked the system requirements and I seem to meet them all. Here is my system:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.30f1

Serial Number (system): W8******ZE4

Hardware UUID: 41642E1E-4EFB-56C3-8380-7E2FD4313EC5

I have the storage space for it available. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated with this, and seem to be completely unable to find an answer to my problems.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 6:39 PM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2013 6:46 PM in response to MrAntry

Where did you get the 10.6.1 disc? If it's from another computer it won't work as they're machine specific. Your computer will run the current OS Mavericks providing that you have the ram. Your best bet would probably be to buy the retail version of 10.6 and then run software update to get to 10.6.8. From there you'll have access to the Mac App Store and can upgrade further should you choose http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and would like to upgrade to OS X 10.6.1 (at the very least)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.