Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Migration to used Mac's

Hi all.

So, my current Macbook (2008 model)'s display is busted as are some ports. I cannot even connect to another monitor, so for the time being I'm getting a used Macbook. I was wondering if the Apple store would do data migration from an old Mac to another 'old' Mac? I know they charge 99$ for the One to One thing and I know that the migration is actually rather easy, but it wouldn't be a problem for me if the display was working.

Do Apple stores migrate data from old mac's to other used mac (OS X)? If so, how much would it cost?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 8:32 PM

Some do, some don't

Call and ask. That is the only way to know for sure.

Allan

5 replies

Dec 30, 2013 8:35 PM in response to Spastabus

If your new used MacBook is close to the 2008 model just take the hard drive out of your old MacBook and put it in the new one. I've done this with a drive from a 2006 MacBook to a 2008 MacBook.

Here are instructions on replacing the hard drive in a MacBook with a removable battery. http://creativemac.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=45088

Data Migration to used Mac's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.