Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is an App that Spotlight says is in my HD Applications?

Spotlight and Launchpad show I have an Application "Mac2Tivo" in Applications on my MBP HD.

But I cannot locate the app! I want to delete it. But other than these 2 sites I cannot locate it. When I cmd-O, I get message that it cannot be opened since it is an Unidentified Developer, downloaded by Safari in April 2012!

I certainly have never used it!

Where can I find it so that I can remove it?

Actually there are a few other applications so listed but "hidden" that I would remove.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 8GB SDRAM; 750GB HD

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 8:42 PM

Use Spotlight to search for it again. Mouse over the name in the "Top Hit" line item. Hold down "Command" and additional information will be revealed to you including the location of the file.

4 replies

Dec 31, 2013 8:13 AM in response to pwwwayne

Thank you both.

I knew about Spotlight's ability to display more info (like, location), but since Mavericks it has been "scarce" to reveal.

I did not know about Cmd and click to get it to dispaly. It seemed to me just hover over item and it would usually show. Even now with this new info it seems erratic about those options working: sometimes opening the folder where the app is (in this case Titanium Folder ⚠), or a side-window with pathway to source, or not at all on occasion.

Is this another new peculiarity of Mavericks?

Where is an App that Spotlight says is in my HD Applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.