Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App developers censoring negative reviews

I read a while ago how private information about yourself like name, user id, etc. is given to the developer when you download an Android app. As a rebuttal, someone said that Apple works the same way.

I am inclined to think that and I am also disturbed how some app developers are flagging reviews (or internally deleting the reviews). I have given some negative opinions of some apps and now I find that my review(s) are removed. If I try to add an updated review, either positive or negative my review doesn't post. I noticed this with a few apps.The trend is also with Android and with the Google Play store.

I just don't get it how Apple and even Android crumble to the developers in stiflying negative constructive criticism of the apps? Apple already makes somone go through hoops just to report a non working or even deceptive app. Sometimes, I think that this approach by Apple is an example of communism. I dunno, but this all just ticks me off.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 9:39 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2014 11:32 PM in response to Romplestiliskin

I am occasionally forced to give an app a 1 star rating. These reviews usually never show up. I am polite, courteous, and described the issues in detail. Moreover, I engage in no name-calling, or profanity. My 1 star reviews are rarely posted.

I do see one star reviews get posted. However, it appears that once a certain number of them are given for an application additional ones get blocked.

To answer your specific question as to why censorship is allowed. Remember, this is Apple's website and their hard drives, they have a right to control everything that goes on to it.

App developers censoring negative reviews

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.