Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync put random photos on my iphone 5s as "Events (from My Mac), however now I cannot delete from phone?

These photos now exist in an Album called "Events" (From My Mac) in about 10 seperate folders. When I try to delete them from the phone, the trash can does not highlight, nor does the red minus circle pop up for the album. Also, I cannot delete photos individually.

Futhermore, when I connect my phone to iTunes, iPhoto, or Image Capture, those photos do not show as existing on my iPhone. They seem to be lost in the nether regions of the phone...please help me get rid of them!

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 10:34 PM

5 replies

Dec 31, 2013 9:53 AM in response to AmishCake

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, the photos do not exist in the Camera Roll. The Camera Roll now shows 0 photos total, since I have deleted every photo I've been able to. The mystery photos are located in a folder underneath Camera Roll labled as "Events", but I am unable to delete the folder, and when I go to look at the photos individually, I cannot delete them there either. In the Events folder, I did previously have photos from my Photostream, and I was able to delete those with no problem. It just seems that these photos do not want to be removed.

Jan 20, 2014 9:07 AM in response to elliefro

I'm glad I am not alone. As an update, I took it to the apple store and spoke to a "genius". After suggesting all the actions I previously attempted, he basically just gave up and advised that the only way to remove the offending photos would be to reset the entire phone. That was way more trouble than it is worth at this point, so the photos remain. Apple customer service is ever so impressive...

Sync put random photos on my iphone 5s as "Events (from My Mac), however now I cannot delete from phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.