Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Will Not Play Any Videos On Windows 8 (Not Even In Safe Mode)

So I've had a laptop for about a year or two and it has never been able to play videos.

I've upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 8 recently and hoped it would be fixed, but it didn't. 😟

When I click a video such as a music video (m4v or mp4), iTunes just freezes on the screen and becomes unresponsive which then requires me to open the Task Manager and kill iTunes. iTunes crashes in Safe Mode as well. I have tried installing/uninstalling display drivers and nothing changes.

I have two graphic cards, an Intel Graphics 4000 card and a AMD Radeon HD 6700M.

I have Switchable Graphics which makes it extremely hard to find compatable drivers for both graphic cards.

My laptop is a Pavilion dv7-6143cl.

Videos work perfectly fine on Quicktime and basically every other video program.

Also I've tried installing/uninstalling iTunes/Quicktime numerous times. I even followed this clean up procedure: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

I've looked numerous times for an iTunes crash log and couldn't really find anything.

I found a file that may be a crash log or something in the directory "C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Ubiquity\logs" with the file name "ubiquity-mmcs.log".

It said the following: "[ERROR] 4bda034828 [13/12/30 21:02:44.124] 35187408.com.apple.main-thread mmcs_engine_close:408 Closing mmcs with 1 outstanding gets"

Everytime iTunes crashes, it adds that error message to the file.

Please help! I just want to be able to watch videos in iTunes. 😟

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 12:04 AM

1 reply

iTunes Will Not Play Any Videos On Windows 8 (Not Even In Safe Mode)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.