Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help please…I need an IP Home Security System

I hope someone can help fairly soon.

I moved into an apartment in October and TWICE someone has been inside my "home" now while I have been out.

UNDENIABLY. I wish to catch the person the next time (owner or maintenance person?) but I am not sure if one

system works better than the another of MAC.

I would like one that will record straight to my HD, vs the SD Card but haven't a clue which may do this; or of the wording.

I have DL the manual for the Lorex LNC 1116 and it seems that it may do these things, but not sure if I will need an NAS (?)

- the write up is confusing to me.

Can someone help? I feel as if I am a prisoner in my own apartment because I am afraid to leave it for fear of what may

be stolen, or worse.

Here is the link to the Manual of the Lorex LNC 116:

http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/ip-cameras/LNC116/LNC116_MANUAL_EN_R2_w eb.pdf

Thank you,

Delores

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 12:57 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2013 12:52 PM in response to pjdxxxwa

I use the Swann D1 system. Fairly easy to setup and you can view cameras on your iphone. DO NOT get the their new 1080p hi res system. It's impossible to setup to view on iphone.

The D1 will record any movement and you can view back the 'events' on your TV via a HDMI connection.

The other option is to get a 'covert' device that looks like a clock or smoke alarm that holds a flash memory card. It'll also record any motion. You can pop that card into a card reader (or into some mac's directly) and you'll have the culprit.

But perhaps your first call should be to a locksmith to get your locks changed ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Dec 31, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Wayne of America

rawrawraw....changing the locks in an apartment is not feesible - what if they need emergency access?

I have been studying the options and really would like one that I can transfer from a micro sd card into a portable devise just in case this goes to court. Some things happening here are illegal, however, the elderly are afraid to speak up - so if I can spark an investigation.....

Have you heard anything about the Lorex brand? The reason I like this model is that it may pass as a portable speaker, or other such item. Not be so conspicuous. Costco sells a dual set of 720 p which sound better than this above. Is this adequate for feature recognition of a person 20 feet away, or should I get the 720 p, which is twice the cost?

Bandwidth-efficient VGA (640x480) resolution. H.264 video compression

Help please…I need an IP Home Security System

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.