Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my 30 inch cinima displays to a new mac pro?

Can I connect my 30 inch cinema displays to a new mac pro?

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 6:17 AM

8 replies

Dec 31, 2013 1:36 PM in response to mende1

I have two 30" displays. My mid 2010 Mac Pro came with 5770 card and runs the first 2560x1660 perfectly. I bought a $100 Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter from Apple to run the second 30" out of the mini DVI port.

It didn't work.

After reading the customer reviews on the Apple site I figured this is a hit or miss solution that works okay for some.

I have the new Mac Pro on order with February delivery. I'm just hoping it will run two 30" non-Thunderbolt displays well.

Dec 31, 2013 3:10 PM in response to Wayne of America

Is that an Apple-firmware 5770? not brand-X?

Did you insert the adapter so that essentially ALL of the metal cable-end is inside the Mac?

Because that setup is listed as supported. Something (the 5770 or the adapter) may be broke!

Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Pro (Mid 2012): Supported display configurations

Dec 31, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

It's the original 5770 that came with the Mac new. All the cable end was in the Mac... I can see your point here as it can seem like it's in when only half so.

I have 2 Dell 30" monitors. One is a new U3014 (Revision 3) and the other a 3007WFP.

It should have worked, but looking at the reviews on the Apple site shows that some have taken the adapter back a number of times till they got one to work.

This Mac Pro goes to the wife when the 2013 arrives. I'm hoping that my new Pro will run both Dells. otherwise I'll go back to one 30" and two 24"s.

Can I connect my 30 inch cinima displays to a new mac pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.