Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Final Cut Express HD 3.5, however it will not download because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. Is there any way I could solve this issue?

I am not sure how I can get this software to download, because the PowerPC apps are no longer supported. I have a sheet that came with it and it's a Apple Software coupon for proof of purchase, and they can be used to get software updates, so I thought that maybe I could go to Apple with that sheet and get an update of this software that'll work with my Mac. Please let me know if you believe that there is any way to get this to operate. Thank you.

Final Cut Express HD 3.5-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 8:58 AM

There is no upgrade path from FCE. You'll have to find full versions of Intel supported software.

If you are running OSX 10.9, the usual choices are:

Apple Final Cut Pro X

Adobe Premiere Pro

or find a used copy of Final Cut Studio 2009 (full version, not upgrade) on ebay.

x

1 reply

I have Final Cut Express HD 3.5, however it will not download because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. Is there any way I could solve this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.