Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini crashes constantly

I got an iPad mini with retina display for Christmas, I have had it for a week now and it frequently crashes after using it for a period of time of when quickly switching between apps. The app aren't even 3rd party, there apple apps. I don't get why this is happening? Does anyone else know the same issue or a way to fix it...

I was thinking of going to my local apple retail store to see what they can do?!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 9:08 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2013 9:13 AM in response to Josh2514

Have you tried restarting or resetting your iPad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds).

If these don't work you can restore your iPad software system via iTunes on your computer.

If nothing works you may have a hardware problem. Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for evaluation.

Jan 23, 2014 3:28 AM in response to Josh2514

I must have gotten lucky in these screen / color rumors or realities because I think the screen looks incredibly awesome.

I tried one if the tips from SergZak who has no problems and started closing apps if I'm not actively using them. I haven't had a crash since, and I was having so many before I considered returning the product. I think that perhaps with our new iPads we are downloading and using a bunch of apps all at once at it's too much for the iPad MRD. While ideally the device would handle anything we throw at it, I really like my iPad MRD and I belive it is the best. Maybe when someone else releases a device that it just pleasing to hold and valuable even when it's turned off, I'll change my opinion.

Anyway, get in the habit if double clicking the home button and swiping up to close apps. My ex has done this for years anyway. Let's us know if you still crash or not. Like I said 0 crashes since implementing is technique.

iPad mini crashes constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.