Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly re-downloading additional content

I have just set up a new Macbook with Garageband and noticed that my old projects sound all wrong, and then realised its a new version to what I had on my previous laptop.

I remembered previously I had downloaded additional free content, so I tried to do that again with GB10, but could only find an option to buy additional content for £2.99. I made the purchase anyway and got the prompt to download a) 150 sounds and 1,500 loops and b) 14 Drummers and their kits. I did this and it completed fine, but the option to "restore purchases" is still clickable in the GB menu, and it happily keeps redownloading all of this content all over again.

What I'd like to know is - does this mean GB still thinks it has content to download (and whether it actually does or not), or whether this option always remains clickable and my expectation that it should grey out is just my incorrect assumption based on what I expect it to do?

Is there a way for me to check if I've got everything? I'm still getting an error that "Live Rock Kit.exs" cannot be found when I load up one of my old projects.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 10:14 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2014 9:03 AM in response to Pinksteady

It was doing this to me too - downloading "new" content every day. I think it just got its knickers in a twist with V6 and V10 both installed. I got it to stop by deleting both from the applications folder and then installing V10 again.

I can't help much with your second question. I searched my system for "Live Rock Kit" and found nothing. Did you maybe get it from elsewhere? Might be time to dig out a backup!

Jan 6, 2014 4:31 AM in response to Sineloco

Thanks. I may try deleting both versions but I've not had a particularly great experience with version 10 so I quite like the idea of being to revert to the previous version - I don't think it is a coincidence that Apple left all the old iWork apps instead of just upgrading and overwriting them - they knew the new versions were very different and not going to work for many of the existing users.

The sample I'm missing I think probably originated from the iPad version, and was then synced over to the desktop. This was fine before, but since the upgrade the sample is now missing on the desktop.

Constantly re-downloading additional content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.