Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i sync my ibooks on my iPad to my laptop?

why doesn't my ibooks and pdf files i have on my ipad sync to my macbook pro with icloud. I have all the settings to do so. can anyone help me?

MacBook, iOS 6.1

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 3:06 PM

1 reply

Jan 1, 2014 1:57 AM in response to Greenfox

If you mean the Settings > iBook > Sync Collections setting then that doesn't copy ibooks / PDFs / epubs between devices/computers. If that setting is 'on' then if a book is on both your iPad and Macbook and you move it into a collection on one of them then it will be moved into the same collection on the other, but it won't copy the actual book onto a device/computer (you need to download/sync/copy your books/PDFs onto each device/computer that you want them on).

If you have PDFs and/or ibooks on your iPad and you want them on your Mac then you will need to connect the iPad to your Mac's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over (that will copy PDFs and/or epubs that are in the iBooks app on your iPad, not just actual ibooks).

why can't i sync my ibooks on my iPad to my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.