Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting messages 'this disk wasn't ejected properly' from my internal HD during OSX ML Installation (crash when starts installing)

Hi everyone:

Here is my problem:

I tried to do a clean installation on my macbook pro 13" 2012 of Mountain Lion 10.8.5 but when I was trying to check the drives in Disk Utility, the internal HD suddenly disapeared, so I installed the mountain lion on a usb flash, so I can boot my laptop with the usb flash. Now, in Mountain Lion (using my usb flash as a drive) I see the hard drive ( but just showed up after I boot Ubuntu and erase the partition there....could not see it before at all) so I plug my mountain lion installer, and I started to install the OSX on the internal drive, but when reached the point when the laptop restart to start installing (just after the installer preparation screen) I got the message of 'this disk wasn't ejected properly' which is wierd since is the internal drive...I guess either the internal drive cable or the internal drive itself is damaged...I can not see the drive anymore in the system info. I do see the drive if I boot the laptop with Ubuntu...

Any idea?

Thanks!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Macbook Pro 13' 2012 4giga Ram i5

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 3:50 PM

There are no replies.

Getting messages 'this disk wasn't ejected properly' from my internal HD during OSX ML Installation (crash when starts installing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.