Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using 2 different icloud accounts, but share match and photos from one account

My wife and I have an our own Macs and iPhones. I would like to have the photo stream and match from one account shared on both but use backup, contacts, calendar, ect. seperately

The way I currently have it setup it somewhat works except we both backup to the same account and the Maps program uses my account (which is where the backup and photo stream comes from)

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Macbook Pro, imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 3:40 PM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2013 3:53 PM in response to ldeffinbaugh

You can create a shared primary account and each add individual secondary iCloud accounts to your devices to sync mail, contacts, calendars, reminders and notes. However, only the primary account can be used for iCloud Bookmarks, Photo Stream, Documents and Data, iCloud Backup and Find My iDevice. Also, mail in the secondary account is fetch rather than push. Perhaps that's your current setup. If you want to share the same photo stream, that's how you'll have to set things up.

An alternative of course would be to maintain separate iCloud accounts and manually add photos to a shared stream on your devices and invite each other as subscribers.

Using 2 different icloud accounts, but share match and photos from one account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.