Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to add this iPad to an existing AT&T account. I try to type in pass code, then go to the SSN & it deletes the pass code I just typed. What am I doing wrong

I need help adding this iPad to a already existing AT&T account.

I go to type in my pass code for AT&T then my SSN & it then deletes my pass code ... Won't let me add it

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 3:32 PM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2014 10:38 PM in response to Cylindafrommd

I have the same issue.

For those that that have responded to your question and don't know, you can now add your iPad to your existing AT&T data plan if you have the shared family data plan. It's cheaper since it's only $10/month to add the device to share your data plan vice paying somthing like $30/month for 3GB (or whatever level you need).

I was told by an AT&T employee that there are several ways to accomplish this.

1. Call AT&T

2. Do it online at ATT.com (I tried this but their website is down for maintenance)

3. Do it on the iPad (which is what you and I are trying to do).

I have no idea why after entering the passcode and then trying to enter the last 4 of your SSN that the passcode disappears. Or conversely, if you enter the last 4 of your SSN, then go to the passcode field, that the SSN disappears. So when you try to continue you get the please enter valid data message. Seems like a bug in the system.

Jan 16, 2014 10:52 PM in response to lizdance40

lizdance - On the iPad in Settings, if you go to "Cellular Data", then click on "View Account" you have 3 options to choose from:

1 - Set Up New Account

2 - Add to Existing AT&T Account

3 - Transfer Service From Another iPad

This of course is if you have not already setup a payment or plan previously.

If you have then you can cancel your current plan, then when you go back into View Account you wil be presented with the 3 new options.

Texas - They can be separate or you can tie it into an existing AT&T plan if you have a shared data plan.

I'm trying to add this iPad to an existing AT&T account. I try to type in pass code, then go to the SSN & it deletes the pass code I just typed. What am I doing wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.