5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 9:12 PM by sberman
jojoguitar Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Contacts pics no longer show on out going or in coming calls. Screen blurs.

Why, how to fix. I was on tech support for 30 mins, no solution.

Any other peeps with this issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
  • sberman Level 7 Level 7 (27,245 points)

Settings > Phone > Contact Photos in Favorites = "On".

• jojoguitar Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hello sberman

That sellection you suggest is selected, has always been so.

The issue is that the pics are blur'd, sometimes there, sometimes not. The senior tech at Apple Phone Support earlier tonight suggested wiping out the phone and starting with a clean slate.

I have gone throught that with ios7, twice and don't feature doing it again.

The pics in contacts are there.

Also. in my photos the pics appear perfect.

Stumped.

Was wondering if my screen was going but as I said, it's only in the phone calling out and in where the pics have problems.

jj

Do the pictures appear perfect if you view them in the Contacts app?

Have you tried simply resetting your iPhone?  If not, hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears.

• jojoguitar Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Yes pics are perfect in Contacts, all pics.

I have reset phone Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings, no change.

Also did a hard reastart, holding both buttons,

still no change.

As I stated before, the Apple support person said I needed to ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS AND SET UP AS A NEW PHONE. Which I believe means install new software, ios7. But if I back up to my MBP, then downlad back ups if this thing is a software glitch I might reinstall IT, the glitch.

Bummer to me to need to do that. I have a year of tech/warrenty so this is something that I do care about.

I am grateful for your help and advise. I take all help respectfully.

I have a Genius Bar appointment on Friday 10AM, I hope to get this figured out before then because if I have to ERASE......I want them to do it.

Any more ideas, please feel free to advise.

I am shutting down for the evening

Happy New Year.

jojoguitar wrote:

I have a Genius Bar appointment on Friday 10AM, I hope to get this figured out before then because if I have to ERASE......I want them to do it.

I have a recommendation -- bring your computer as well as your iPhone!

That way, the genius (and you) will have access to your iPhone's backup(s) in iTunes.

At some point, you and/or the genius may have to get selective about what app(s) to restore to your iPhone.  Bringing your computer will maximize your flexibility.

Happy New Year to you as well.