Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVI to ADC adapter to MacBook Pro

Hello with a question.

I have a 23" Apple Cinema Display, and would like to use it as an external monitor on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.7.5, on a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 with 4 GB memory.

I also have a G5 desk top which runs the 23" Cinema Display without any problems, so I know the 23" CD is working fine.

What I have tried: I tried using using a Apple ACD Adapter, model A1006, which I combined with a DVI-I adapter and mini-monitor male plug to attach it to the MBPro. The "on" switch on the Monitor lights up, but goes into a slow flashing mode like it is looking for a signal.

Then after more research, I discovered I needed an "DVI-D" connector to run from the ACD Adapter to the MBPro. I got a DVI-D connector, but it didn't help. Maybe the switch lights up a little brigher, but all I get it a black screen as before.

So then, I thought the Apple ACD Adapter might be bad, so I tried another one. Still no go.

I have a 23" Samsung monitor connected to the MBPro working with no problems that I am usingnow. It is using the analog plug versus the digital on the back of the monitor.

Is there some sequence that I should be tuning things on? Or other idea that someone has that I could try? I've spent a little more that $100 on adaptors so far. I want to see this through to completion if I can.

Thanks, Bob

Posted on Dec 31, 2013 6:18 PM

There are no replies.

DVI to ADC adapter to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.