Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can ipod classic connect to Bluetooth?

Hi

I've just bought the iPod Classic for a present for my husband. I uploaded all of his hundreds of CDs onto it and it's a great gift, however, I assumed that it was able to connect wirelessly in the car by Bluetooth.. I also can't see how you can buy new music other than by plugging into the computer - I had also assumed that you could access the iTunes Store from the device (which is what I do when I hear a song i like with my iPhone) any help would be appreciated. I bought because of capacity but am wondering if I bought the wrong one :( (engraved too).

iPod classic

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 1:09 AM

4 replies

Mar 10, 2014 6:19 AM in response to Samgreen26

I've seen at least one product that attaches to iPod Classic and provides Bluetooth support. Company nane is KOKKIA, but I have no experience with their product. Check around for reviews. But first you must make certain your husband's car supports streaming Bluetooth. For example, my 2010 Outback supports Bluetooth for phone but not for music. My wife's newer Mazda supports Bluetooth both for phone and streaming music.

On my Subaru I connect the iPod using a cable since the car provides an input jack through which my iPod Classic can be connected to the car's sound system. The cable connects the iPod's headphone jack to the Subaru's input jack.

Good luck!

Mar 10, 2014 12:59 PM in response to Samgreen26

Samgreen26 wrote:

I also can't see how you can buy new music other than by plugging into the computer - I had also assumed that you could access the iTunes Store from the device (which is what I do when I hear a song i like with my iPhone) any help would be appreciated. I bought because of capacity but am wondering if I bought the wrong one 😟 (engraved too).

The only way to put music onto an iPod Classic is by connecting it to your iTunes Library (the iTunes programme). However, as you must have found when adding the CDs, it's not that difficult-a-process.

To add music purchased from the iTunes Store, simply download the purchases to your iTunes Library and connect the iPod to iTunes and allow them to Sync.

Once you have the correct options set, Syncing is very simple.

• You add music from CD to iTunes, as you have presumably discovered, by importing the CD into your iTunes Library.
  • You add the iTunes Store digital music by purchasing and then downloading it into your Library.
  • If you purchase digital music from Amazon, they have a "downloader" which downloads the files to your computer and adds them to your iTunes Library.
  • If you and your husband use the same Library, you can transfer your purchases to the Library (on the computer) and then Sync them to his iPod Classic.
  • Then you can create, edit or delete Playlists in the Library
  • You can use Sync selected Playlists, albums etc. etc. as one method to put his choice of music on his iPod and your choice of music onto your iPod, from the same Library.

Then connect the iPod and allow the Sync to complete.

If you want capacity, then the Classic is the iPod to have. It's also a very good music player.

As mazapan has written, there are Bluetooth transmitters that are designed to plug into the 30-pin connector of an IPod Touch and send Bluetooth. Be aware of his comment about his car's Bluetooth, compared to his wife's car.

Can ipod classic connect to Bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.