Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do any members use honest workarounds or this iDevice mentioned?

As one of a growing number of Mac Users who work, trade and even live across political and economic boundaries, and have discovered that Apple excludes them from all purchasing of Mac Apps, gift vouchers and products, I would ask members who may find themselves in this ecommunicated situation, if they know what an iDevice is?

The following quote is from an alternative Mac web site, which points to a new growth industry of ‘work arounds’, Do any members use honest workarounds or even this iDevice mentioned?

"To be honest the way downloads are handled in iTunes is messy. I've found ways around it and ways that have blocked certain aspects, but the one thing I've learnt is that if you want more than one regional account you are better off using an iDevice.

Any help?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 2:48 AM

Cyfromayo wrote:

if they know what an iDevice is?

Well I have always considered an iDevice to be an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad/iPad Mini. But I suppose you can chuck an iMac into the equation as well.

Pete

http://www.techopedia.com/definition/27166/idevice

Message was edited by: petermac87

6 replies

Jan 1, 2014 3:17 AM in response to Cyfromayo

Yes I agree, just means hand-held Apple stuff.

I can only imagine that having several ipads set up for each region you work in means you can FaceTime in Europe with your liberally set up ipad, and not offend people in The Emirates by taking and using another ipad with a more vanilla setup there. Each could have all your mail and contacts etc set up.

Jan 1, 2014 3:59 AM in response to LD150

Thank you both, and yes, 'the iDevice' described, is one of the options that came to mind. However, as a beginner to Mac's, I was not sure that this was the only understanding, especially in a world of restrictive practices?

Apologies for the 'word' ecommunicated in my original post, it should have read EXCOMMUNICATED, but the spell checker got to it befor I noticed.

I do like the Mac concept and find it rather offensive to find myself out in the cold, holding onto a fist full of worthless vouchers, neither do I want to join Alternative Organisations, so any more legal workarounds that come to mind would be most welcome.

Regards,

Cyfromayo

Do any members use honest workarounds or this iDevice mentioned?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.