Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s average battery life

I purchased an iPhone 5s several weeks ago and have noticed the battery drains quite quickly (1% every 2-3 minutes). General usage has included web browsing, reading email and rss feeds and watching some videos on YouTube, but no gaming. On average I'm getting 7-8 hours usage and a day's worth of standby time. I've also noticed the battery drains 3-5% overnight when it is standby.

I have turned off bluetooth, push email, siri, location services for everything apart from maps and photos and background app refresh for everying apart from evernote, which I haven't really used yet. Screen brightness is set below 50% and on auto. Auto-lock is set to 3 minutes, The only settings I have left on are app auto updates and the parallax background effect. I am running iOS 7.0.4.

How does this experience compare with other iPhone 5s users?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 1:53 AM

1 reply

iPhone 5s average battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.