Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling Logic Pro 9 from App Store

Hey there! 🙂

Happy New Year btw! 😉

So here's the deal... I have Logic Pro 9 which I purchased from the App Store. I need to format my machine and do a clean install of Mavericks, which means that I have to install all the apps I need again. The thing is Logic Pro 9 is NOT AVAILABLE at the App Store anymore. Just wanna know if anyone was able to reinstall Logic Pro 9 even after the app was disconitnued and replaced by Logic Pro X.

Thanks, in advance! 😎

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 7:09 AM

It is still available for download, but you have to be logged into your account, which you used to purchase LP9.

16 replies

Jan 4, 2014 9:52 AM in response to Razandar

LP9 is no longer available for sale in any store but...

If you are signed in to the Mac App Store using your Apple ID that you used to purchase it in the first place, you will find it under the Purchases tab for you to download/install by pressing the button on the far right of the Logic Pro 9 Entry.

If it is there under the Purchases tab but when you press the button to download/install it, you get a message saying it is not available, sign out of the Mac App Store using the menu bar option..., quit the App Store App, launch it again and sign in using your Apple ID once more. This normally fixes the 'unavailable' issue.

Jan 4, 2014 9:52 AM in response to woofmatix

Hey there zaphire10 and Razandar! 🙂

In the "Purchases" tab scroll down to where your Logic Pro purchase. If Logic is not installled then the "Install" button will be available. Click that. Do not click on "Logic Pro" near the icon. Just the "Install" button. (If the app is already installed in the machine it will be greyed out) Just make sure that LP9 was installed using your same Apple ID.

🙂

Jan 11, 2014 10:52 AM in response to woofmatix

Hello,

I have the same problem in the german App store. Cannot find any Logic Icon or Logic sign except in the

list of things I have bought (when I croll down completely and click on "Account" under "Verwaltung (Administration)" and then click on "Einkaufstatistik (purchsing statistics)". There I see, that I have bought Logic Pro on the 18th of Jan 2012). But there is no butto to install or download anything.

What can I do? Any hints would be greatly appreciated,

best, nroc

Jan 11, 2014 11:44 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks "The Art Of Sound" for your reply! I already saw the "install" button now. However, whe I pressed it the little wheel on the left upper side of the application started to turn for about 3 seconds, then it finished, nothing happened any more.

Yes, I did do that. I signed out, quit the app, restarted the app and signed in again. I did do that for three times.

Everytime the same after clicking "Install". The wheel turned for 3 seconds, then nothing happened.

Do you have any idea what I coud do? Thanks in advance,

best, nroc

Reinstalling Logic Pro 9 from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.