Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App icons missing but says its installed?!?!?!

So i had to turn off my iphone 5 and turn it back on but when i did so, all my app icons are missing? It says its installed but i cant open it in spotlight or search it up. On the app store it doesnt say its installed and i could download it again even though its installed? I dont get it guys, any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 8:55 AM

14 replies

Jan 24, 2014 9:15 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I was nervous about that so I didn't try but since I didn't see any alternative I tried it. It did reload all my apps but with a problem. A warning for others ... all the data for apps gets reset when the app is reinstalled so when you go into the app for the first time it thinks you haven't used it before. So essentially all your data will be lost unless the app itself stores things on a cloud when you had it before. Cloud based apps will revert back to the last data stored on them.

May 12, 2017 9:27 PM in response to Sidney_Tee

It's very easy .

Simply go to your App Store

Find the name of the icon disappeared ;let's say iTunes

Type iTunes and download it

It will download in a second

And will appear on your layout as well

For future

Go to settings

General

Restrictions > enabale restrictions

There's an option> deleting apps

Disable it .

Now u won't be able to delete apple built apps from your screen

Jan 23, 2014 12:04 PM in response to Sidney_Tee

I'm having the same problem. Every icon for every App I've ever installed is gone but every stock Apple App that was preinstalled is still there and on the page and folder that I had rearranged it to before. When I go into the app store it has the same little cloud icon like ive bought the app before. When I check my usage stats it says 26GB available (I have 57GB Capacity) used but only 3GB is used for photos, music, etc so the rest must be my apps but there are no icons. I'm afraid if I restore from backup that all my data will be erased. It must all be there since it's occupying space. The apps that I have like mail and messages still have access to data but where did all my icons go?

And FYI, iPhone5, Model MD664LL/A, Version 7.0.4 (11B554a)

Jun 4, 2014 8:13 AM in response to Sidney_Tee

please try the following

go to settings then

general,

restrictions - enable

enter your passcode or create a new passcode

toggle installing apps

then press home screen to go out turn the phone off and on again.

Then go back into settings again as before,

general,

restrictions

enter ur passcode again

then apps,

toggle installing apps

and press the home screen to come out and the apps should be back again

Feb 16, 2015 5:28 AM in response to Sidney_Tee

I tried waylman method and my app store ikon still missing yes katgrrl2 your way may work but then i will have to spend all day setting the screens back up and moving all the never used but always installed apple apps.

What i cannot understand it why after every ios upgrade there is always a problem do they not test first i will wait for the next upgrade and hope that sorts things out. Mind you if i have a week off i will restore the home screen then spend an hour restoring my home screen=====

well as i type i have tried restoring from backups one sent me back to the resting the phone ? after ended up with the app store but the irritating basic apple home screen. then tried another and just checked all back to my screens and the APP STORE LOGO is back happy days until the next upgrade

App icons missing but says its installed?!?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.