Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 - App Icons won't jiggle long enough to move or delete

Finally upgraded my 4S to iOS 7. When I try to hold one of my app icons to make them all jiggle, so that I can move them, the jiggling will only last for a second or two, not nearly long enough to move or delete apps. In fact, sometimes simply holding the app to get it to jiggle, will actually open the app instead.

I have tried turning my phone on and off, and I have also done a reset. Nothing has seemed to help.

Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem, and what the solution might be?

I tried googling this problem before coming here, and can't seem to find anyone else who has encountered this situation. Since I am out of my warranty period and can't call for support, any suggestions given here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 9:18 AM

7 replies

Jan 4, 2014 10:33 AM in response to WedGuru

Wow! Am I the only one havig this problem? Wonder what that means?

And in an unrelated (or not?) problem - my battery is draining in 4 hours since the upgrade to ios 7.04, even if the phone is turned off. I've turned everything off that can be turned off, and I've made my screen so dark I can barely read anything, and still the battery is draining so fast that the phone is worthless if I'm away from a power source.

Can anyone relate? Better yet - does anyone have a solution?

Jan 4, 2014 10:35 AM in response to WedGuru

It sounds to me as if you have something stuck trying to run and that is causing your battery issue. Connect the phone to iTunes and back it up. Then restore the phone as new, not from a backup. Before adding anything else to the device, see if this corrects your battery issue. If it does, then restore from that last backup. If this brings the battery problem back, then you have something corrupt in the backup file. Restore the device as new again and just sync your data back via iTunes or iCloud.

Jan 4, 2014 4:47 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Great advice, Chris! I can see you've given me a way to see where the issue may be. Because I have read everything I could find about battery drain on the 4s, and have shut off everything that could be draining the battery, including all the things that are meant to work in the background or automatically, as well as all animations and bells and whistles of IOS 7.

Wondering if this could be related to my app icons jiggling only for a moment before becoming still - so quickly that it's impossible for me to delete any apps or move them.

Guess I'll find out by following your instructions!

One Question - I see under general settings there's a choice to RESET. That then gives me lots of choices. Do I need to reset each option, or wil rRESET ALL SETTINGS take care of that?

Also - I have spent considerable time changing all my settings on the phone (like privacy settings and notifications) to my liking. Will all those settings be restored from my backup as well?

Thanks again, Chris, for taking the time to respond. Appreciate it!

Jude

iOS 7 - App Icons won't jiggle long enough to move or delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.