Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ad-free radio without iTunes Match AAC music cloud syncing?

I'm interested in ad-free radio without iTunes Match AAC music cloud syncing. Is there a way to accomplish this? (Can I pay the yearly iTM fee and not use the iTM matching?)

If so, how do I go about NOT using the music syncing?

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 9:13 AM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2014 12:57 PM in response to heythere2012

Hi,

You need iTunes Match on your computer to get ads free iTunes Radio. You need to turn on match on your iOS devices.

I suppose you could create a second blank iTunes library and use that for match whilst keeping your main library free of match. I do not know how feasible it is to do this. A lot depends on how much of your own music, if any, that you want you iOS devices.

Jim

Jan 3, 2014 9:27 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

I have a LIMITED DATA PLAN on my iPhone, so I don't use iTunes Radio when I'm at the gym and a few other places (without WiFi, I assume that iTM as well as iTunes Radio would run up my data usage). At home, with WiFi, I would sometimes like to listen to ad-free radio.

So, if my iPhone has to have no music (a blank iTunes library) in order to listen to ad-free radio, perhaps I should subscribe to Pandora instead...

Any other suggestions? Am I missing something?

Jan 3, 2014 10:03 AM in response to heythere2012

It seems to that if you want iTunes Radio, you should accept that you have iTunes Match on your iPhone. In setting for the music app you have the option to show all music or only show what has been downloaded.

Match will use up your data plan but you can predownload load tracks whilst you have wifi, should you want some music to play when you have no wifi connection.

Jim

Ad-free radio without iTunes Match AAC music cloud syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.