Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dear samuel james (Primary Account Holder), AT&T has received information indicating that one or more devices using your Internet connection may be part of a zombie computer network (“botnet”). Internet traffic consistent with a bot infection was observe

what should be my response

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 10:39 AM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2014 12:25 PM in response to samueljasamuelj

Hi,

Despite this not being about the Messages app I would suggest these things.

In the email just mouse over any links and see if they do in fact come from AT&T

Although Malware and certainly Viruses are possible but not as common as on windows with Viruses still having to break through the "in the wild" ceiling (i.e. they have been created in software labs as proof of concept).

If AT&T is your ISP I would contact them by phone rather than clicking any links and find out if they did send the email.

I am not saying your Mac is not infected but if you are running a Windows portion in either Boot Camp or VMFusion, Parallels or similar software that can allow you to run other OSes you may have an issue.

I searched (Google) for Mac Botnets but everything seems to be dated 2012

This sounds more like a Phishing attempt.

User uploaded file

8:24 pm Wednesday; January 1, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Dear samuel james (Primary Account Holder), AT&T has received information indicating that one or more devices using your Internet connection may be part of a zombie computer network (“botnet”). Internet traffic consistent with a bot infection was observe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.