Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another Upload Problem with IMovie 10

I have completed two short videos and would really love to be able to upload them to, well, *anywhere* at this point.

I have tried to upload to Vimeo and to file, but nothing is happening. Over 12 hours after trying, when I go to the "Theater," it tells me that it's "Creating Movie..." How long is it supposed to take to create a five minute movie?!?

Like a lot of people here, I'm trying to figure out why it is that the last few releases of Apple software has them acting more like viruses than actual functioning products. I'm getting fed up and I've been a fangirl since the late 80s. This is the worst streak of bad software (Keynote, FCP, iMovie, Mavericks memory issues, iOS 7 issues) that I've ever seen from Apple.

Steve must be spinning.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 11:38 AM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2014 2:58 AM in response to Vegasrenie

Have you just upgraded a significant number of other projects from iMovie 9?

iMovie 10 has to convert all the media into a different intermediate codec and if you have applied shake stabilisation it has to re-analyse the clips. This will all take a LONG time (as I discovered). Its a pity Apple desn't warn about this.

Geoff.

Jan 2, 2014 9:56 AM in response to GeeD

Thank goodness I haven't upgraded a thing. These are brand new videos of an interview-type scenario, so no stabilization was needed or applied. They were made in iMovie 10, and have never been run through 9 at all.

If it's not done when I get home from work tonight, I will be uninstalling iMovie 10 and redoing the projects in 9. These are time-sensitive and could have been completed and uploaded days ago, but the uploading part just ain't happening. I've done this with 9 innumerable times, and this is very frustrating; not only is the interface radically different, but the functionality has degraded a lot as well.

Another Upload Problem with IMovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.