Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I export a project to iTunes from iMovie 2.0, how do I delete that exported file off of my device?

After I choose a project in the new iMovie for iOS (2.0) on my iPad, I tap the share button and then export it to iTunes. On iTunes I can then see the file and save it to my desktop (trying in vain to import it into iMovie for Mac). But now that I know that you can't export it to iMovie for Mac yet I want to delete that exported .iMovieMobile file from off of my iPad so it doesn't take up space. How can I do this?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 12:18 PM

So I'm not sure how to answer myself if I discover the answer. I'll just post a reply - if that's incorrect just let me know.

Answer discovered here from KiwiPhone4:

Just delete the project in the iTunes/Apps/Sharing pane.

Once you have saved the file off, you can delete it from the Sharing Pane.

IMovie uses an internal area to save the project it edits, so the project in the sharing pane is a duplicate as you say.

You can only delete this file in iTunes though.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2014 12:18 PM in response to Mathgraph

So I'm not sure how to answer myself if I discover the answer. I'll just post a reply - if that's incorrect just let me know.

Answer discovered here from KiwiPhone4:

Just delete the project in the iTunes/Apps/Sharing pane.

Once you have saved the file off, you can delete it from the Sharing Pane.

IMovie uses an internal area to save the project it edits, so the project in the sharing pane is a duplicate as you say.

You can only delete this file in iTunes though.

After I export a project to iTunes from iMovie 2.0, how do I delete that exported file off of my device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.