Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which online tutorial do you recommend to learn FCPX 10.1?

There is an olverwhelming amount of websites and YouTube tutorials to learn FCPX 10.1. Which YouTube channel or website do you recommend? I am currently thinking about www.rippletraining.com. Thank you in advance.

I also wanted to add that I learn better by doing ie follow along with media files versus reading a book.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 2:13 PM

5 replies

Jan 4, 2014 9:44 PM in response to rebbi

hi rebbi - I also like Israel (Izzy) Hyman's tutorials, he's not only talented, but he's very down to earth and humble in his approach and he has personally responded to e-mails, so he's definately top notch, and he's very reasonable about memberships. He offers limited time discounts often and they usually include everything.

I also like Mark Spencer who is the taller partner on MacBreak Studio. Steve Martin is great of course but I just lean toward Marks training style and he not only knows FCPX but he is fantastic in his Motion training.

Finally, one person who I think is super gifted but hasn't been mentioned; Andy Neil.

To Russ' advice, I agree - there are a lot of free tutorials by each of these trainers, and oddly, I think everything Andy has done is free. One way to access these is to subscribe to their podcasts. I highly recommend searching for each of their podcasts and subscribing to whichever one is your favorite, or all of them.

One more resource that I've enjoyed is Lynda.com

Sometimes you can contact them and ask for a trial memebership. They gave me a month trial with no obligations and at the time I was able to go through everything they had on FCPX before my trail expired, but since that time, they have increased their resources and again, very approachable training, down to earth as well.

-Stephen

Which online tutorial do you recommend to learn FCPX 10.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.