Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i 'UNsync' my iPod from my (too full) MacMini ?&How remove iPod syncd stuff from Mini?

I would like to UN sync my iPod touch from my (too full) MacMini. But how?

I would also like to remove all the stuff on my too full Mac Mini which was transferred there from my iPod.

I would like my iPod to be independent of my Mini, and not have my Mini filled up with content from my iPod, except for that which i want to manually transfer. So can i, how can i undo all that syncing already done?

I promise to be grateful.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3, white, 16GB

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 2:46 PM

Just delete media from your iTunes library on your computer and from the iPod.

You can removed music and by swipping the songs left or right and tapping the Delete button that appears.

7 replies

Jan 4, 2014 11:54 PM in response to lllaass

I want/need to save my many iPOD/iTUNES VOICE MEMOS, by removing them from my iPOD and transferring them. How, i desperately need to know, because my iPOD is TOO FULL.

I don't want to DELETE them from my iPOD, or my iTUNES until i have transferred (saved) them to somewhere.

I've tried and failed copying, pasting, or dragging them to any of these standard places: my apple TEXT EDIT documents, email,

my WD XHD:

I really want to tranfer it to my XHD, because my Mac Mini is also TOO FULL.

ps: to Illaass, your advice "You can remove music and voice memos by swiping the songs left or right and tapping the Delete button that appears", was very helpful, thankyou.

But I am still stuck on the other part of your advice: "Just delete media from your iTunes library on your computer and from the iPod." because i want to delete it from my iPod and keep my voice memos on either my computer, or better, an external Hard Drive.

Jan 5, 2014 2:09 AM in response to thelnukus

From the manual:

Sharing voice memos with your computer

You can sync voice memos with the primary iTunes library on your computer, then listen to

memos on your computer or sync them with another iPod touch or iPhone.

When you delete a synced memo from iTunes, it stays on the device where it was recorded, but

is deleted from any other iPod touch or iPhone you synced. If you delete a synced memo on

iPod touch, it's copied back to iPod touch the next time you sync with iTunes, but you can’t sync

that copy back to iTunes a second time.

Sync voice memos with iTunes: Connect iPod touch to your computer and select it in iTunes.

Select Music at the top of the screen, select Sync Music, select “Include voice memos,” and

click Apply.

Voice memos synced from iPod touch to your computer appear in the Music list and in the Voice

Memos playlist in iTunes. Memos synced from your computer appear in the Voice Memos app on

iPod touch, but not in the Music app.

Jan 6, 2014 9:05 AM in response to lllaass

I'm pretty sure and very grateful you have given me the solutions.

I shall try to implement them.

But so far my mac Mini is 'TOO FULL', and won't accept full sync from my iPod. Even after I recently deleted about 8GB from my iTunes.

But those are other questions which i may raise soon on another thread.

I'm going to close this one out now.

And once again award to IIIaass the coveted title of SOLVER. 🙂

How do i 'UNsync' my iPod from my (too full) MacMini ?&How remove iPod syncd stuff from Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.